Returning to church
Mass schedule, signups & guidelines
What you Need to Know as You Gather with Us in Prayer
Updated January 14, 2021
KCMO Emergency Order Extended to May 1st
On Wednesday, January 13th, Kansas City, Missouri provided their twelfth amendment to their emergency order, extending the current ordinances. The extension does not change any current procedures in place at STM. The previous orders were set to expire on January 16, 2021, and are now extended through May 1, 2021. The diocese has provided clarification on the order’s application to our ministries. Below are guidelines to help you and your family worship safely with us.
Guidelines for Attending Mass
- Entrance remains restricted to the front (west) doors of the Church. A greeter in the Narthex can answer questions you might have about our services.
- Masks are to be worn at all times while indoors This includes while seated in the pews. Exception is granted for the removal of the mask to consume the Eucharist, and for the celebrant when at the altar/ambo for presider prayers, proclamation of the Gospel, homily, and consecration.
- Parishioners are asked to sit in blue or yellow marked pews during Masses, as directed by signage, and remain six feet apart from other households.
- Parishioners remain strongly encouraged to reserve a place at the Weekend Masses by calling the parish office, or signing up online (link is above). This helps us safely accommodate attendees. No reservation is needed ahead of attendance at daily Masses.
- Weekday Mass Times remain: Monday-Friday 6:15AM & 8:15AM; Saturday 8:15AM
- Weekend Mass Times remain: Saturday 4PM; Sunday 9AM and 11AM
One Mass is uploaded daily to our website for virtual worship. These are usually available by 9AM every morning.
Other Events/Gatherings in the Church and Hall:
- Masks are to be worn at ALL TIMES.
This includes: being in church for confession, private prayer, baptisms, anointings, Mass, and other events in the Church, Narthex and More Hall.
- STM has received a variance to the 10 person limit for funerals and weddings. We are able to accommodate 125 for these events.
- All Masses continue to be available online at stmkc.com/massonline soon after they are celebrated. “Like” our Facebook page to receive notices when they are posted.
- Public Masses
- Monday-Friday 6:15am & 8:15am and Saturday 8:15am, no sign up needed
- Sunday, 9:00AM and 11:00AM. FOR NOW YOU MUST SIGN UP ABOVE.
- Also, please read the guidelines below.
Note: parishioners are still dispensed from attending Sunday Mass
Daily Masses have returned to the usual times of 6:15AM and 8:15AM, Monday through Friday.
Open for prayer
The Church remains open for private prayer and devotion: Mon-Fri (6-9AM and Noon-6PM), Sat (7-9AM & 3-6PM), Sun (9AM-Noon)
Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confession)
The sacrament remains available in the Chapel (across from the elevator)
- Tuesday 5-6PM
- Thursday 5-6PM
- Saturday 7:15-8AM; 3-3:45PM
From Bishop Johnston: an Invitation to Mass
“As we begin to return to our public celebrations of Mass, I wish to invite all in our diocese to reflect more deeply on the value of Sunday, why God made it and what it means in the life of a disciple of Jesus Christ.“
As referred to in Fr. Justin’s bulletin column on June 7: Bishop Johnston’s video and pastoral letter on Keeping the Lord’s Day: Pastoral Letter on the Importance of Sunday